Strange error with Redhat 3 ES

kenwardc kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 16:57:54 UTC 2005

Hi All

Just upgraded a web server from an old version of RedHat by complete
rebuild, then copied the sites and the MySQL databases across etc.

Most everything is working fine, apart from one site, which comes up
with an error when the index page comes up:

magic_query("select max(id) as max from quotes"); $index = rand(0,
$max - 1); $gDB->magic_query("select quote from quotes limit $index,
1"); $quote=str_replace("\n", "
", $quote); ?>

Looking at the source for the page, it looks like this:
<?
include "include/database.php3";

srand((double) microtime()*1000000);
$gDB->magic_query("select max(id) as max from quotes");
$index = rand(0, $max - 1);
$gDB->magic_query("select quote from quotes limit $index, 1");

$quote=str_replace("\n", "<BR>", $quote);

The routine is designed to get quotes from the MySQL database. I've
checked MySQL and the database is there, complete with all login etc.

Any idea what could be causing this? We're using MySQL Ver 11.18
Distrib 3.23.58 and PHP 4.3.2.

All other databases etc. on the server seem to be working just fine.

Thanks for your time - look forward to your replies.

Chris

---
All messages scanned by AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus scanner and TGIS Anti-Spam Firewall.