how to set hostname

James Cooley jcooley at fit.edu
Thu Mar 24 15:19:55 UTC 2005

Putting the info in /etc/hosts probably won't do what you expect.  Be sure
that you don't add the hostnames for your system on the 127.0.0.1 line,
because that will screw up a lot of programs, such as kadmin and krb5kdc
if you run kerberos.

Instead, edit the hostname in /etc/sysconfig/network and do a

service network restart

and your hostname will now be set globally.

--James Cooley