getting two directories to be the same

James Cooley jcooley at fit.edu
Fri Mar 25 01:47:25 UTC 2005

rsync will let you sync up two directories on the same system.  Just
run it as if the nfs mount was a local filesystem like so:

rsync -a /nfs/source/mount /local/destination/directory

By default, rsync will not delete files from the destination that do
not exist in the source directory

--James Cooley

On Mar 24, 2005, at 8:31 PM, Steve Buehler wrote:

> At 05:27 PM 3/24/2005, you wrote:
>>> I am doing backups of a remote server by mounting the remote server
>>> using
>>> NFS.  I am now running into the same problem that I was having trying
>>> different ftp programs to mirror it.  The problem is deleting files
>>> on the
>>> backup server that are not on the remote server.  There is not ssh
>>> access
>>> to the remote server and the ftp daemon on the remote server sucks
>>> to say
>>> the least.  Anyway, I have the remote server NFS'd to the local
>>> (backup)
>>> server.  Is there an easy way to mirror the directory recursively