problems with up2date

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Fri Mar 25 17:13:21 UTC 2005

I have hit a stopping point with red hat.

I have 2 machine in was going to install ELWS 4.

After doing the initial installation, I then modify the up2date
configuration to use our proxy server to get the updates. We have a
cert from red hat and some kind of group contract whereby we get
access the rhn for all campus machines.

The problem I have is after I install our campus cert and make the
updates I get the following:

[root at npcsrv1 etc]# up2date -u --nox
https://rhproxy1.asu.edu/XMLRPC foo
There was an SSL error: [('SSL routines',
'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate verify failed')]
A common cause of this error is the system time being incorrect.
Verify that the time on this system is correct.

On one system, the time was off by 2 hours. I changed it (actually it
was a time zone issue) and tried to rerun up2date.

Again, I get the same error message.

On another system, the time was okay, but I got the same error
message. I'm beginning to suspect I will continue to get the same
error message regardless.

Something is definately wrong. Anyone have suggestions on who I might
fix this?

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257