Two subnets thru same wire

Northrup, Wilson wilson_northrup at merck.com
Mon Mar 28 07:58:39 UTC 2005

Works fine.  I do that all the time. It's called multinet.
Remember that Switches are layer 2, they don't care what addresses you might
be using.

For performance reasons, some may elect to put two nic's in the linux
server, connect one of them to the DSL router to do NAT and possibly
proxy/cache internet traffic - but you do not have to.

wilson