Redhat Enterprise 4 Remote Desktop (VNC) Server Port

Don Lindbergh don at donlindbergh.com
Tue Mar 29 00:59:08 UTC 2005

Ed wrote:

> man Xvnc

Thanks.   The Xvnc man page references a file which doesn't exist on my
system, inetd.conf.  xinetd.conf exists but it doesn't contain anything
pointing to Xvnc nor does my etc/xinetd.d directory.

So, exactly how is the vnc server started after using the interface to
change remote desktop preferences, 'sharing, allow other users to view your
desktop, allow other users to control your desktop' etc.?   IE, if there's
some file somewhere containing a line which is running 'Xvnc' with some
parameters, what file is that?

I checked the Redhat documentation and didn't find anything about this.

 --Don