Redhat Enterprise 4 Remote Desktop (VNC) Server Port

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Tue Mar 29 01:04:48 UTC 2005

Step 1
You need to modify /etc/sysconfig/vncservers
Here you would put the desktop number and name. The name is a user on
the system.

VNCSERVERS="2:someuser"

Step 2 run chkconfig and make sure vncserver is enabled and on the
levels you wanted it to run on.

Step 3

As root

su - someuser

Run vncpasswd and generate a vnc password

Step 4
Start vnc
service vncserver start

Albert Smith