Redhat Enterprise 4 Remote Desktop (VNC) Server Port

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Tue Mar 29 01:42:34 UTC 2005

Ah but you can...

You can do this in a config file I did it...

vi /etc/sysconfig/vncservers

Add the following line

httpport=port

Then modify /etc/init.d/vncserver

"su ${USER} -c \"cd ~${USER} && [ -f .vnc/passwd ] && vncserver
:${display%%:*} -httpport ${httpport}\""

However another way to change the httpport is to change the display
number. Such as if vncserver is on screen 2 then you would access it via
the web at:

http://vncserver:5802

If you are on display 6

http://vncserver:5806

These are the 580x are the standard port numbers. I don't know if there
is a max on the amount of VNC Servers I would assume it is 9 as on
Display 0 is your local X Windows Server

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT
Genex Services