usermod

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca
Wed Mar 30 14:50:14 UTC 2005

"usermod -Gsteve steve" should remove him from all groups except steve.  If
the group is in the list, then the user is added to the group.  If the group
is not in the list, then the user is removed from any groups not in the
list.  This is the way I go about it.  We all know that with *nix, there is
always more than 1 way to accomplish it.

Regards, Marshall