Up2Date Configuration File Changes

Jeff Boyce jboyce at meridianenv.com
Thu Mar 31 19:18:20 UTC 2005

Greetings -

Once upon a time (recently) Steve Kozakoff wrote:

> Having "enableRollbacks=1" in your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file:
> PRICELESS!!!

Pardon what may be a dumb question, but I am a novice system admin / linux
user for a small office.  Thinking that what Steve wrote might be something
worth checking into on my system, I find that my up2date file has
"enableRollbacks=0".  I was going to change it, but the first comment line
in the file states that it is an "Automatically Generated Red Hat Update
Config File, Do Not Edit".  So instead I looked around for an appropriate
gui configuration tool that would allow me to make this change and could not
find one.  Before I decide to hand edit this file (and potentially break
something) I thought I would check with the list.  Can I make hand edits to
the file safely, or did I miss something and there is an appropriate gui
tool to make this change?

Jeff Boyce
www.meridianenv.com