server problem

Robert Williams rwilliams at covenantdata.com
Thu May 12 14:10:37 UTC 2005

JP,
	We use to have a similar problem with an older version of Red Hat
Linux.  However, the two culprits were the SCSI controller failing (the
servers had run for about 35000 hours, hard, and also through intense heat)
and RAM going bad.  There is a application that is safe to run on your
machine, if you can afford to take it offline for a while.  The program is
called "The Troubleshooter".  I recommend it and some of the big computer
builders use it to do burn-in tests.

Robert Williams
Programmer / Web Developer / Network Administrator
Covenant Data Systems, Inc.
http://www.covenantdata.com
rwilliams at covenantdata.com