MeetingMaker Millenium

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri May 13 15:14:01 UTC 2005

Dana Holland wrote:
> We're wanting to evaluate the MeetingMaker Millenium calendar product.
> The price is decent, it's one of the few calendar server products we've
> found that runs on a Linux server (we don't do Windows!), and it seems
> there are a lot of educational institutions running it.
>
> However, we can't seem to get it installed.  We're trying to install it
> on a RedHat Linus AS 3.0 box.  When we try to start the server up, we
> get this error message:
>
> ./mmserver: error while loading shared libraries:
> libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory
>
> The library files are actually there, where they're supposed to be.  I'm
>  wondering if it could be a permissions issue - but the installation
> manual never mentions permissions.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Guessing the library files are supplied by the MeetingMaker vendor.
And, guessing they may be in a "non-standard" location.

If that is so, then adding the path into /etc/ld.so.conf and then
running /sbin/ldconfig as root may resolve your issue.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".