Kickstart post scripts and chroot problems

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Mon May 2 20:47:45 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of an issue with trying to run a script in the post
section.

I install a rpm like so:
# Install apg
rpm -Uvh
http://install.fqdn/Packages/Fedora/3/i386/apg-2.2.3-3.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm

which works just fine... then I attempt to use apg like so:
agp -n 1 -x 16 -m 10 -M NCL -d > /home/user/user.pass

This doesn't work... the user's ~ dir has already been created thru:
useradd -u 500 user

Since I'm in a chroot I would've thought that this would work without
issue but I'm getting an error that /home/user doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Harry

PS-> Can one have multiple %post sections ala:
%post --nochroot
   do stuff

%post
   do stuff within a chroot