How to display IP of ssh user in message?

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue May 3 20:27:23 UTC 2005

We get attacks nightly.  Last night, there were 500+ attempts logins to
root through ssh.  All from the same IP address.

The warning banner doesn't do much good...I could call theplanet.com but
then I'd be calling different ISP's almost daily because of the attacks.

Ideally, I would like the machines to automatically block the IP address
of the attacker after say 5 failed attempts...

Ryan