problem with my bind server

Adebowale Oshinkanlu aoshinkanlu at gmail.com
Wed May 4 02:41:53 UTC 2005

I am preparing for RHCE
I want my bind name server to resolve for windows machines on my
lan.so that I can change their public dns address to that of my bind
server and have the server resolve for my windows machine.

I have setup bind 9.2 on redhat 9. my bind server can resolve public
addresses (IP of bind server is 192.168.0.78) but when I point a
windows  2000 professional machine to the bind server is says
*** Default servers are not available
Default Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.0.78
the 2000 professional is on the same Lan with my server (192.168.0.0/24 network)

I have included the allow-query option in named.conf file and defined
my access control list to no avail

thanks in advance

Ade
CCNA,CWNA