Mounting nfs v4

Grant Denkinson gd41 at star.le.ac.uk
Wed May 4 14:50:07 UTC 2005

I'm trying to share files between two machines running RHEL-4 WS and
would like to get them to use nfs V4.

On the server, I have in /etc/exports:
/export/home clienthostname(rw,sync,fsid=0)
and on the client, have in /etc/fstab:
serverhostname:/export/home /mountpoint nfs4 rw,hard,intr 0 0
Yet when I do:
mount /mountpoint
I get:
mount: special device serverhostname:/export/home does not exist

It mounts if I use nfs instead of nfs4 in the fstab.

Clues please.
Grant
--
Grant Denkinson <gd41 at star.le.ac.uk>    telephone: +44 116 2522078
Computer Systems Manager,               fax:       +44 116 2523311