rh-l] setting up a RH ftp install site

Eric Wagar eric at deadhookers.org
Tue May 10 13:51:48 UTC 2005

>> Where do I get information on the setup of an ftp install site?  I
>> don't seem to find the full details I need on the structure and
>> needed daemons, etc.
>>
>> Any pointers?
>
> exhaustively discussed, in step-by-step fashion at:
>   http://www.owlriver.com/tips/pxe-install/
Oddly enough, for some reason, I couldn't locate any information on how
to properly setup and install via ftp.  It was simply copying the files
from the ISO and making sure they were in a single directory.

My confusion came after looking at many sites and seeing en/iso, en/os,
en/base style directory structures.  I wasn't sure if I needed to build
my structure like that or not.  Looking at the README (on the CD (to do
a FTP install)) and another site I later found solved my problem.

I was able to copy and then install within 15 minutes.

Thanks
eric