RHEL4, LDAP, TLS

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Wed May 11 19:05:08 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm running into a problem and not sure what to do....hoping for some
guidance...

I have an LDAP server (running RHEL3 AS) using OpenLDAP setup to use ssl
and tls.

I have about 20 machines (RHEL3 WS) authenticating users via LDAP using
TLS

I just installed RHEL4 WS on one machine and can't get it to autheticate
users via LDAP.  I discovered that if I turn off "Use TLS" using
authconfig, I can then log in.

I'm concerned that 1)  the 20 machines running EL3 WS are authenticating
using TLS and the EL 4 WS isn't, or 2) TLS isn't configured correctly
and the EL3 WS are running without TLS.

Is there a way I can check to make sure I have things set up correctly
to use TLS?

Ryan