Odp: firewall question

Bartosz Brewinski BBrewinski at lukas.com.pl
Thu May 12 18:29:32 UTC 2005

Maybe "BBedit" is not configured (or can't be) for passive ftp while the other ftp clients used in the office are using passive ftp connections ?

Maybe it would be sufficient to persuade BBedit to use passive connection method ?

Hope this helps.

bartek

>>> jessica at mathforum.org 2005-05-12 20:21 >>>
Hi,

I set up the firewall on an old linux(7.1) server using ipchains which
allows ftp within our network. After the firewall up, some users in the
office who using Bbedit on Macintosh complained that they cannot ftp to
the server any more although there is no problem to use other ftp
programs.

My final solution is to trust the ips from those users using BBedit and
accept all from them. However, I thought this is not the best and secure
solution. Just wondering whether anybody on the list can help me figure
out the better solution.

Thanks!

Jessica