firewall question

Marco A. Ramos mramos at sanyoval.net
Thu May 12 18:42:48 UTC 2005

As you say you have two options:

a) To force all users, to work as nonpasive method (Remenber open the data
port (tcp/20)

b) Enable the Passive method on your firewall, to made it, you have to
determine some port in your ftp server, this mean, that your ftp server must
to use an especific range of ports (for example 50000-50500) and then open
that range in your firewall. Other point it to consider that the FTP server
will send ip own IP address, for the passive connection.

Good Luck