how to install another language on RHEL3

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat May 14 10:21:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 09:23:23 -0400, Allen Chen wrote:

> If I type 'redhat-config-language', it just showed me one
> language(English), no other options.
> I think when I installed Linux, I just chose English(US).
> Does anybody know how to add a language from Linux CD?

If I remember correctly, the installer warns that this is not possible
[yet]. You would need to add extra packages and also add the new locales
to /etc/sysconfig/i18n. It's possible to do manually, though, if you know
what you're doing.

--
Fedora Core release Rawhide (Rawhide) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1303_FC4
loadavg: 1.66 1.33 0.93