router firewall reject local domain-connections

Paal Marker paalma at online.no
Sun May 15 20:08:37 UTC 2005

thompson speedtouch router, server rh8 apache 2.0.40

I have changed ISP and have got a new router, speedtouch 510. For access
to my apache server I have configured nat on the router to accept
traffic on port 80 from remote. This works great, I can access all
virtual hosts on the server just fine.  But from inside the LAN behind
the router I can not access the domains. Neither can I ping the routers
ip-adress. Access can be done by http://10.0.0.1 (servers ip eth0) and
http://192.168.1.1 (servers ip eth1) But it is troubly when I want to
access the virtual hosts.

My firewall on rh8 server is not changed since I had my old ISP with
router without firewall, so the problem is inside the router

the NAPT conf on router for port 80 is like this:

Temp     10.0.0.1:80    unspecified:80  tcp  NONE
Temp     10.0.0.1:80    unspecified:80  udp  NONE

Wich rule shall I make for accessing the router from inside?