Second Try: Kernel update not recognized

sancho sancho at giskard.umaryland.edu
Wed May 18 14:29:54 UTC 2005

Michael and All,

Many thanks for the patient guidance!!!

I went larval with the manual on grub. Turns out that all I needed to do
was invoke the "unhide" command in grub, which in turn made the /boot
directory path show the contents of the /boot partition... at which
point the entire exercize became trivial. Old kernels are gone,
grub.conf edited to get rid of the old references in the splashmenu that
would not go away before, and as if that was not enough RHN updates
presented me with a new kernel version to install! The install went fine
too... added itself to the grub menu and boot on the next restart.

The world is placid and (relatively speaking) at peace with itself.

Sanch