Can not update a freshly loaded Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS

Dave Basener dbasener at aurora.edu
Fri May 20 12:09:15 UTC 2005

Robert,
Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately I can not make sure that all
of the machines are identical - hardware or software.  I can accept that
there might be a hardware problem with this machine as it is a bit
elderly.  However, it would seem odd that this is the only error.

In your previous message you mentioned waiting a bit and trying again.
While I didn't do this with the thought that it might solve the problem,
I have waited and it appears to make no difference.  I will try this
more systematically.  If this is the problem it would be nice if Red Hat
could handle it somehow as I will always have multiple downloads on a
given day.  That is the whole point of my attempt to standardize our
systems.

Thanks again,

Dave Basener

--
"... be the change you wish to see in the world."  - Gandhi

David Basener               http://www.aurora.edu/~dbasener
System Administrator                Dave.Basener at aurora.edu
Aurora University                              630 844 4889