redhat system-config-netboot with fedora core 2

Steven D. Haughton shaughto at ee.ucr.edu
Sat May 21 01:21:43 UTC 2005

I did get it to work finally.
You have to setup the kernel with these options.

1) Root file system on NFS,  (Turn on 'Kernel level autoconfiguration'
to get this option to show up)
2) Turn on BOOTP support within the kernel.  You may also want to turn
on DHCP support.

My problem that I was having is that even though I turned on BOOTP
within menuconfig it still was not being compiled with that  option.
I final found a solution where I modified the default config file by
hand to turn on the option.  This was a while back, but I believe this
is the file I modified.

/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/arch/arm/defconfig

Within that file you must uncomment these to lines and change them from
'n' to 'y'.

CONFIG_IP_PNP=y
CONFIG_IP_PNP_BOOTP=y

After that your kernel should compile with those options.  Let me know
if this helps.

--
Steven D. Haughton
Systems Administrator