boot up fails with mount root problem...

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Mon May 23 14:27:02 UTC 2005

Thanks to everyone that answered.
Yes I did have an initrd.
And I went as far as copying the initrd file from a working system with
identical hardware so that I could be sure that the correct needed
modules were being loaded.
The DMESG's showed that modules were being loaded successfully and that
the kernel was able to see the SCSI disk and the partitions, and I
double checked the grub.conf and the labels on the partitions.

I don't know why it wasn't working.  Unfortunately I'll never find out.
Because I had to get this done I instead did a minimal new install and
then rsync'd over the working directories.  (not as clean as I would
have liked.  but it worked).

-Ben.