system down - can't find luns (correction)

Dana Holland dana.work at navarrocollege.edu
Mon May 23 15:09:38 UTC 2005

Rigler, Stephen C. wrote:
> It looks like your box can see the LUNs and they're mapped to /dev/sdb
> and /dev/sdc.  Can you manually mount /dev/sdc1 and /dev/sdb1 once the
> machine is booted?

No, I get this:

  # mount /dev/sdb1
mount: can't find /dev/sdb1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

# mount /dev/sdc1
mount: can't find /dev/sdc1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

But they're there:
# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=/usr              /usr                    ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/sda7               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
LABEL=/home-8900             /home                   ext3    defaults
      1 2
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
LABEL=/dev/sdb1         /usr/local/bbls         ext2    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/dev/sdc1         /usr/local/bbcm         ext2    defaults        1 2

However, in order to get the system up, I have to comment out those two
lines.  After it's rebooted I go back in and remove the comment.  I
don't know if that makes a difference or not.