system down - can't find luns (correction)

Dana Holland dana.work at navarrocollege.edu
Mon May 23 17:18:11 UTC 2005

> The purpose of the labels is to ensure that this doesn't happen - the
> label can be anything and does not have to match the device name.  In
> your case, a more useful label would be something like bbls.  So you
> could have:
> # e2label /dev/sda1 bbls
> and in your fstab have:
> LABEL=bbls /usr/local/bbls ...

Is this something that's different on AS 2.1 from 7.3 (which is what the
server was on before)?  The reason I ask is because I've never been
bitten by this before.

I ran the e2label command on both filesystems.  Since we have it back up
and running I can't risk a reboot right now to test it.  And I can't
tell any difference looking at /etc/fstab.  But I'm going to assume it
worked since there were no error messages.