streaming audio/video on linux

Anthony Leung anthonyl at ninesystems.com
Wed May 25 17:20:05 UTC 2005

There is a free streaming solutions when it comes to linux that is widely
accepted. Helix as Sean was saying has a large licensing cost. There is
always the alternative of using Darwin which is free and will stream vod and
live content. Flash Communication server is another option, but that is also
a heavy hit when it comes to licensing. FYI Helix is not supported on new
generations of Linux yet you should be safe running it on 2.4.21-4.EL. FCS
1.5  is also only supported to RHEL 3 currently I believe.  If your thinking
of streaming for a business and need a fast turn around it might be wiser
for you to look at CDN.

							Anthony Leung
							Senior Unix
Administrator