crontab

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 21:03:18 UTC 2005

The commands to test for environment variables are incorrect.

They should read:

# . ~root/.bash_profile
# . /etc/profile

However, without the first character '#'.  For some reason, if I have a '.'
as the first character on a line, my e-mail application (Microsoft Outlook)
deletes the '.'. The '.' saids to execute the file .bash_profile in the
current shell.  It will thus add environment variables to the shell.

I apologize for the confusion.

Michael