Which Kernel to use, .EL or .ELsmp

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 26 15:22:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 linux at fritzenwallner.org wrote:

> Can I find the information, whether linux treads my CPU as 2 CPUs in
> /proc/cpuinfo or is it somewhere else?

"treats".  The easiest thing to do is fire up the SMP kernel and either
check dmesg for APIC and CPU0 _and_ CPU1 messages, or run 'top' and see
whether it reports cpu0 and cpu1 there as well.  If you're not sure if your
CPU has HyperThreading, check in the BIOS.

Ben
         Life Is Short.          It's All Good.