Saving sessions in Gnome

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Fri May 27 15:16:27 UTC 2005

Good morning, a quick question ...

When I login to gnome I pop open four terminals, one on each desktop
(and my number pad is remapped to change desktops respectively).  When I
logout, no matter that I do, I can't get my sessions to save, sort of.

If I check the save session box at logout, the next time I log in, I get
one terminal on the first desktop but that's it; the other three don't
open.  I should also mention that the terminal I'm opening isn't a
gnome-terminal, it's an xterm but it's called from a script I used
called rmsh.  So I click on run, type rmsh and get a new terminal.  What
am I missing here?  On Solaris, once you had all your terminals open,
you went to the desktop setting tool and said save home session and then
set it to restore home session as login.

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }

---