Redhat Lifecycle

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon May 30 13:56:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 03:22:39PM +0200, An?e Vidmar wrote:
> I've been wondering... Since a lot of people in the world still use
> Redhat versions from 7.2 --> 9, are there still updates comming for
> this older versions? And if yes, how much longer will updates for
> older versions be available?

Your best bet with older releases is the Fedora Legacy Project:
http://fedoralegacy.org/ They have discontinued support for 7.2 and 8
but still support RHL 7.3 and 9.

> Or with other words: how long is Redhat product LifeCycle ?

That's a different question.  All of the original Red Hat Linux products
have been EOL'd by Red Hat.

All of the Enterprise Linux releases are still supported by Red Hat.
You can find the lifecycles for these products on Red Hat's web site at
http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/.  Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1,
which was released 3 years ago, will still be supported for another 4
years.

See http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/errata/ for the errata
support policies.

For a free Red Hat distribution, there is Fedora.  You can find details
on its lifecycle at http://fedora.redhat.com with updates for older
Fedora releases being provided through the Fedora legacy project.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org