error enabling swap space device hda3. No such fileordirectory.

Evan Panagiotopoulos epanagio at pcsd.k12.ny.us
Mon May 30 18:32:43 UTC 2005

Thanks for trying to help.

After checking the commands I issued:

swapoff -a
mkswap /dev/hda3
swapon -a

command free shows:

             total       used       free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:       1030468     359756     670712          0      21584
143136
-/+ buffers/cache:     195036     835432
Swap:      1020116          0    1020116

Since memory is ony 1/3 used I am guessing that swap space will
remain empty.

Thanks,

Evan

<snip>