Removing old kernels

John O'Loughlin j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk
Tue May 31 13:03:48 UTC 2005

You can use rpm -e to remove, just like any rpm. Just make sure you
remove the right one! uname -r shows you your current kernel.
Then edit grub.conf (you should do this amyway to make sure the kernel
the latest kernel is your default) and remove the sections associated
with the kernels you no longer have..

title old kernel
kernel vmlinuz......
initrd initrd ....