How to use cdrecord?

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Tue Nov 8 19:07:49 UTC 2005

Ong Ying Ying wrote:
> Hello!!! Someone help.
>
> I used :
> cdrecord -v -data -multi dev=0,0,0 /mnt/cdimage.raw
> hoping to be able to append to the CDRW.
>
> It seemed to burn to the cd fine the 2nd time (using the same command)
> but I cannot see what I burned the 2nd time. The track number increased
> on its own but I cannot get to the second track. The data that I burned
> the 1st time was still there and ok but the 2nd burned data cannot be
> found. What went wrong?

You didn't give the '-nofix' option, so it would have fixated the disk
after the first pass. You shouldn't be able to see what you forced on
the disk after that.

Not sure what you are after using the '-multi' flag, but I don't think
what I *think* you are trying to do will work.

> Where can I find mkbootdisk program? I have one mkbootdisk shell script
> but my bash showed 'command not found'. Why?

[root at aa ~]# whereis mkbootdisk
mkbootdisk: /sbin/mkbootdisk /usr/share/man/man8/mkbootdisk.8.gz

It is in the /sbin directory.

Bill