HW Raid1 on IBM eServer (xSeries)

Anze Vidmar anzevi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 09:06:16 UTC 2005

Raj Atwal wrote:

>I know that if this is on the onboard RAID SATA controller as it is on the x306 that RHEL v4 is not supported yet with H/W raid.

Note to myself and to anyone who will use this server in the future with
AS4...
This is original quote from IBM:

<><><><><><><><>
 -PETTERSON, OIVIND     -D/T8840   --L894/-------P3S3-05/11/23-10:26 -AT
Installing RHEL 4 with HostRAID is not supported on the x346.
.
The driver for the x226 might work, but have never been tested on the
x346. This would lead to an unsupported config, and the customer will
not get any support for this configuration, until a driver for RHEL 4 is
released for the x346.
 -PETTERSON, OIVIND     -D/T8840   --L894/EBENF -P3S3-05/11/23-10:29 -CR

Anze