only allowing web in pre definne time slotes

Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Wed Nov 2 13:33:20 UTC 2005

One solution would be to setup cron jobs to start and stop Squid at the appropriate times. Like this:

0 8 * * * /etc/init.d/squid start
0 9 * * * /etc/init.d/squid stop
0 12 * * * /etc/init.d/squid start
0 13 * * * /etc/init.d/squid stop
0 17 * * * /etc/init.d/squid start
0 19 * * * /etc/init.d/squid stop

You may also want to check your firewall rules and make sure that users cannot bypass your Squid proxy and still access the Internet.