only allowing web in pre definne time slotes

A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru
Wed Nov 2 15:15:42 UTC 2005

Yes, you can configure squid to allow Internet browsing only at
specified times. Just define ACL of 'time' type and refer to in
'http_access' directives. For example, in you situation you can use the
following:

acl allowed_time_1 time 8:00-9:00
acl allowed_time_2 time 12:00-13:00
acl allowed_time_3 time 17:00-19:00

http_access allow allowed_time_1
http_access allow allowed_time_2
http_access allow allowed_time_3
http_access deny all

With this configuration SQUID will allow access olnly at the times
specified in your message. However, no other access controls which you
may also need (such as based on a client's address) are included in the
example.

Alexey Fadyushin.
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com