Help on GUI Tools

Virden, Larry W. lvirden at cas.org
Wed Nov 9 13:27:44 UTC 2005

What programming language do you know now?  Many programming languages
have the means to create GUIs. So you should first learn a programming
language, then find a GUI for that language.

If you have no programming experience, then you need to decide whether
this is something that you are going to start a business around, or if
this is a hobby/personal tool you are going to write.  If the latter,
then I'd recommend learning one of the scripting languages - Tcl,
Python, Ruby, Perl - or even consider doing something with a web
interface, using PHP or some other web framework.  The advantage of
using the web interface is that most of the gui framework is done in
your web browser of choice...