mii-tool and bond0

Raj Atwal atwalrs at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 18:51:18 UTC 2005

I have eth0 and eth1 bonded. When I check the duplex and speed settings on eth0 and eth1 using ethtool they show me that I have 1000 full duplex.

If I use mii-tool to check the bond0 settings it shows me the following

# mii-tool bond0
bond0: 10 Mbit, half duplex, link ok

Now I don't have any network speed problems on this box so I not really concerned but I just wanted to check if this is normal. I know that mii-tool is obsolete and is replaced by ethtool so this may just be a mii-tool blip.

Thanks