Firewall 'allow' popup

Shaw, Marco Marco.Shaw at aliant.ca
Wed Nov 9 20:03:55 UTC 2005

(I wasn't able to come up with a better fitting subjet,
and was further limited as some keywords were getting
flagged and the message was being queued for a moderator
to approve it...  I was still waiting after 48 hours.)

Some of the newer Windows firewall clients have some
built-in functionality where you can setup the client
to alert the user about applications attempting to access
the network, but not specifically allowed to.  They
basically ask the user whether they want to allow the app
to access the network or not, and may have an option
to 'remember this action or choice'.

Does something similar exist for Linux?

Marco