mii-tool and bond0

Raj Atwal atwalrs at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 20:14:49 UTC 2005

Thanks for checking Matt...this confirms what I was thinking.....

Matt Brookover <mbrookov at mines.edu> wrote:
I checked the system logs on my server, eth0 is 1000mbps full duplex,
according to ethtool, it is 1000mbps full duplex, and according to
mii-tool, eth0 is 100mbs. According to mii-tool, bond0 is 10mb half
duplex. I am thinking that mii-tool is buggy.

eth-tool does not work with bonded ethernets. The logs entries for bond0
only list the enslaved ports, no mention of speed.

Matt