Hyperthreading/Dual core CPU's

Richard Miguel San Martín rmiguel at senamhi.gob.pe
Fri Nov 11 16:04:40 UTC 2005

Hi, I have DL140 with hyperthreading working on RHEL v. 3.0 and yes, i see 4
CPUS when really i have 2, but i think that you should to have an application
that use this feature. OS is capable of to use HT without any special
configuration, only should be enable  on BIOS.

Cheers,

R. Miguel

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:13:07 -0800 (PST), Robert wrote
> Hi list,
> We have plans to buy HP DL380's and put Redhat AS 4.0, anyone know
> how the Hyperthreading works on Redhat, can we enable it on Redhat?
> does it see 2 CPU's if there is only one CPU board?. In Windows 2003
> we have enabled Hyperthreading  and OS sees 4 CPU's (2 CPU boards).
> Thanks in advance

Richard Miguel San Martin
Administrador de Sistemas
     CPN  - SENAMHI