telnet package for redhat 9

Sanjib Das Sanjib.Das at lntinfotech.com
Sat Nov 12 08:28:32 UTC 2005

Hi

I have a query rearding telnet package which supports IPv6.
I have my Linux machine (RedHat 9, kernel - 2.4.20  ) & above which i have
installed
MontaVista Linux (2.4.20_mvl31-pc_target). Now the telnet package which is
installed is telnet-0.17-25 (rpm -q telnet) & this one supports IPv6. I
downloaded the same telnet
package (telnet-0.17-25.src ) which I need to Install in another machine.
But while tracing the codes i dint find any
reference for IPv6, like while creating socket it no where mentions
AF_INET6 family.
but it got few patch files, which contains IPv6 related stuffs....
Now i donno how to install it...even if I want to path those files it asks
for filename which is to be patched....I exactly donno what are the
specific files
which need to be patched...or is these any other telnet package which
supports IPv6....
Please share your valuable comments.....

thanks & regards to u all

Sanjib