looking for help on tcpConnectionProcess MIB

Sanjib Das Sanjib.Das at lntinfotech.com
Sat Nov 12 08:29:58 UTC 2005

Hi

 I am working on TCP-IPv6 MIB (RFC 4022) for Montavista Linux
(2.4.20_mvl31-pc_target).

As per the RFC4022, variable " tcpConnectionProcess " is a readable
parameter.

tcpConnectionProcess :- Description

The system's process ID for the process associated with

            this connection, or zero if there is no such process.  This

            value is expected to be the same as HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::

            hrSWRunIndex or SYSAPPL-MIB::sysApplElmtRunIndex for some

            row in the appropriate tables.

In " proc/tcp6 " we have inode number  & UID of the tcp connection but no
PID.

I went through the montavista code. There it is writing into the proc/tcp6
file through

Inode Structure. But in that structure there is no field for PID.

So, is there any way to read the PID for tcp connection.

Thanks & Regards in advance

Sanjib