on boot, server refused incoming. had to restart network.

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Nov 14 18:49:14 UTC 2005

Andrew Bacchi <mailto:bacchi at rpi.edu>
    on Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:38 AM said:

> When you moved the machine, did you also plug into a different IP
> port? Is it on a different switch?  Is is on a different subnet?  I'd
> check the subnet first, then check the switch port and router.

It's on the same subnet but it did end up being plugged into a different
port on the switch and could have been on a different switch (although,
of the two switches I have one is piggy backing on the other).

If that is the problem, what exactly got screwed up that couldn't be
solved until a restart of the network?

Thanks,
Chris.