on boot, server refused incoming. had to restart network.

Tom Greaser tgreaser at hsc.wvu.edu
Tue Nov 15 17:59:43 UTC 2005

fast guess.. it was an auto neg issue.. can even be some
port security issues too.. or a cam or arp issue too.

if you reload your box.. does it work fine in the new port ?

> When you moved the machine, did you also plug into a different IP
> port? Is it on a different switch?  Is is on a different subnet?  I'd
> check the subnet first, then check the switch port and router.

It's on the same subnet but it did end up being plugged into a different

port on the switch and could have been on a different switch (although,
of the two switches I have one is piggy backing on the other).

If that is the problem, what exactly got screwed up that couldn't be
solved until a restart of the network?

Thanks,
Chris.