webmail application for production?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Nov 15 19:27:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:28:28PM +0100, Anze Vidmar wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 08:03 -0600, Esquivel, Vicente wrote:
> > I have a couple of commerical products to suggest: Kerio MailServer and
> > Mintersoft Truedesk/Edgedesk.
>
> Thank you Vince for your input, but I'm interested in not-commercial
> products only ;-) I think I can work this out with open-source only.
>
> Ed, I'm also waiting for your input :)

I don't know which Ed you're asking for input from, but my name is Ed so
I'll give it a shot :-)

I can tell you that HP uses SquirrelMail for its employees.  I don't
know if all of them have remote email access but certainly their field
service folks do.  Interesting, too, since they're using Exchange so
they could be using the Outlook Web Access component (or whatever that
piece is that works fine in IE but sucks big time in Firefox).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA