cyrus-imap and squirrelmail

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Wed Nov 16 00:25:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

Geoff White wrote:
> What do people use as an IMAP server on ES4? I'm having
> trouble with cyrus-imap. Is there a better choice.
> I can get everything to work but cyrus-imap seems to want to create
> everyhing in its own directories (/var/spool/imap) and the mail isn't
> getting delivered
> into these directories.

You should configure your MTA do deliver to cyrus, preferably using LMTP.

Look for instance on:
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/CyrusImap
for exim, or
http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html
for sendmail.
With postfix it's easy too:
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
in your main.cf could just be sufficient.

If you just need a simple IMAP daemon, you could use dovecot that is
available with RH 4 too.

Paul